Hi there! My name is Pravin Paratey and I enjoy helping businesses scale. I have helped build new products and rapidly scale software engineering teams.
Some of the products I have helped build are
- As an Engineering Manager at Facebook, my teams launched
- Brand Awareness Objective - which helps brands build awareness with potential customers. Launched in 2016, it was the first non-video product for Brand Advertisers, and quickly became a billion dollar product for Facebook.
- Reach Objective - This was the second product that my team launched in 2017, and became another billion dollar product for Facebook.
- In addition to this, my teams launched Brand Polling, Creative Hub, Offline Conversions and Audience Network.
- As the CTO of Affectv,
- Web scale systems – Built real time, web scale systems for Ad Tracking, Behavioural and Contextual targeting, Ad Delivery and Content delivery.
- And before that, I built
- Natural Language Processing - Custom parsers, custom rules engines and grammars.
- Search Engines - both vertical and organic.
- Crawlers - both open and closed crawlers.
Some of the teams I’ve helped scale are
I’m currently the CTO of Kantan who are on a mission to become UK’s most trusted home maintenance platform.
Research & Teaching
My research interests are in the domain of Natural Language Processing and Information Extraction. Lately, I have started working in Graph Theory.
I enjoy teaching and I have taken guest lectures on Linux, Natural Language Processing and Probability theory. I have also taught elementary math to school children.
- Feb 3, 2015 - Building and growing a Tech Business - A talk I did at Makers Academy
- May 07, 2014 - Extracting Signals from Noise - A talk during Big Data Week 2014
- Feb 28, 2014 - Linked Data @ Affectv - A talk at Kings College London
In the Press
|Feb 27, 2014||TechRadar - Team structure|
|Jan 21, 2014||My Customer - How to structure teams|
|Apr 17, 2014||Business News Daily|
|Apr 16, 2014||RealBusiness - The internal recruitment process|
|Apr 02, 2014||Business Works - Top tips for recruiting|
|Mar 12, 2014||RealBusiness - How to work with recruiters|
|Oct 19, 2012||Tech Week Europe - IT Life|
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org